Faction describe the 2018 CT 3.0 as the VIP of their Candide Thovex signature series- this is a directional twin-tip freeride ski designed for charging anything and everything from chopped up couloirs, steep faces, wide open powder fields or tight tree lines, and throwing in your favourite tricks while you do it.
A noticeable quality of the CT 3.0 is that for a ski of this size and power, they're really lightweight thanks to the Balsa/Flax wood core. coming in at just 1850g per ski in the 182cm size. This gives an extra edge to the versatility as they would pair great with a free-touring binding like the Marker Kingpin, Dynafit Radical FT or Beast 14. This outstanding strength to weight ratio is reinforced with a full fibreglass wrap around the core for increased torsional rigidity and a Titanal plate under the binding area which stabilises the ski, helping you to feel in full control even at high speeds on firm, uneven terrain.
At 108mm underfoot this ski offers the ideal versatility to tackle the full range of deep and soft snow conditions whenever they're available without holding you back when it comes to carving up turns on the firm stuff or cruising through that spring slush. With a touch of camber underfoot you can be sure to get grippy edge hold, while the majority rocker profile makes this ski incredibly floaty and nimble, able to pivot through deep snow or between rocks and trees in tight spaces on a freeride day.
The twin tip shape, rocker profile and low weight all work together to boost the freestyle aspects of this ski- throwing slashes, spinning and pressing in to butters are all made easier, as well as riding, jumping and landing switch.
- Micro-cap Sandwich Construction - Two layers of fibreglass above and below the core give a smooth consistent flex without adding extra weight, with a thin cap over the sidewall to avoid damage and chipping of the topsheet
- Balsa/Flax Core - A revolutionary blend of lightweight balsa wood and flax fibres to produce a core that is torsionally stiff but 20% lighter than traditional poplar/ash blended cores
- ABS Sidewalls - Maximum power transmission for the best edge hold and stability
- Titanal Reinforcement - Layers of titanal alloy underfoot dampen the ski for a super stable experience on big landings or when charging chopped up freeride terrain
- Custom Matte Topsheet - Faction don't lacquer any of the Superlight series to make them more environmentally friendly and give them a super cool matte finish
- Designed For - 60% Off Piste & Freeride / 40% All Mountain
- Rider Profile - Advanced / Expert
- Camber Profile - 330mm Tip Rocker / 2mm Camber / 320mm Tail Rocker
- Base - Die Cut Ptex 3000 Sintered Base
- Flex - Medium to Stiff